As soon as the weather even begins to feel like summer, my kids start asking for these popsicles. When I make them with fresh strawberries, I always get the best reviews– but they also enjoy blueberries and raspberries. You can use frozen berries if you don’t have fresh.
*Note – if you use a sweetener from the Phase 1 list of sweeteners instead of honey this becomes a Phase 1 recipe. You could have one of these in place of a serving of berries! Here’s our favorite canned coconut milk/cream brand – Natural Value. Natural Grocers here in Lubbock usually carries this brand or you can order it online. Try Amazon!
- 1 Pint of Berries- its about 2 cups if you didn’t purchase them in the pint containers.
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk or Canned Coconut Cream (Natural Value brand is a good one)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Honey (Note – if you use a sweetener from the Phase 1 list instead of honey this becomes a Phase 1 recipe. You could have one of these in place of a serving of berries! )
- Puree berries in a blender. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk coconut milk or cream with the vanilla and honey.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of your berry puree into a popsicle mold, then pour about 2 tablespoons of coconut cream on top– then alternate until your molds are filled. You may have to adjust amounts for your molds– you can’t do it wrong- just layer it up and it will be great!
- Freeze a few hours (at least 4 for best results).