- -Romaine, Green Leaf or Red Leaf lettuce, sliced (enough for 4 dinner size salads, roughly 1 head)
- -2 medium size tomatoes, cubed
- -bacon, cooked and sliced (about 4 strips per salad)
- -2 avocados, sliced
- -about 1/2 C feta cheese (optional)
- -freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the dressing
- -1/2 C homemade mayo <– link
- -2 heaping Tbs mustard
- -1 tsp honey (optional)
- -2 to 3 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- -1/4 tsp salt
- -Add herbs, scallions, sliced cabbage or other greens to your salad mix for extra flavor and nutrition!
- -Lay a fried egg over top of the salad just before serving.
- -Spice it up with some fresh, sliced japaleno.
- Cook your bacon the way you like best. I lay mine out on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake the pieces at 350 degrees until crispy (about 15 to 20 min.)
- Meanwhile, wash your lettuce and tomatoes and go ahead and slice the lettuce, cube the tomatoes and cut up the avocado as well. Set aside
- Whip up the dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisking until smooth. Set aside.
- Don’t forget your bacon in the oven! When it’s cooked to your liking slice or break it all up. Set aside.
- Now, build your salads by dividing the lettuce, avocado slices and tomatoes among all the bowls.
- Drizzle the dressing generously over top of this mixture.
- Then, put the bacon and feta on top of each salad. If you’re using a fried egg lay that over top and sprinkle the whole salad with some freshly cracked black pepper. Delicious.