Recipe from Laura Davidson’s Taste and See Cookbook
- 3 4oz cans of chopped green chilies
- 1.5-2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- couple of dashes or more of Tabasco
- 4 eggs
- ½ c whipping cream
- 1 ½ c grated white cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and chopped onion and drain off the fat.
- Season mixture with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place ½ the chilies in the bottom of a 9 x 9 x 1.5 inch baking dish, sprinkle with ½ the cheese and add the meat mixture.
- Place the other half of the chilies over the meat.
- Combine the tabasco, eggs, and cream until smooth.
- Pour over the meat and bake at 350 for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.