(w/a surprise healthy fat you’d never know was in there!) We found the original recipe HERE, at the How Sweet It Is website. Serves 2- 4
For notes about how to make this recipe keto-friendly be sure to read the Recipe Notes at the bottom.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/4 C coconut milk* go for the full fat stuff in a can
- 4 Tbs unsweetened dark cocoa powder Thrive Market sells an organic on at a good price
- 3 Tbs honey**
- 2 oz dark chocolate*** 72% or higher, melted (we like Sunspire, Enjoy Life and Lilly’s brands)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Remove avocados from skin and pit and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until combined. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and add extra sweetness or chocolaty-ness if desired.
- Blend a good 1 to 2 minutes to make sure it is completely smooth and creamy.
- Store in an air tight container (or containers) in the fridge immediately. This recipe will keep for about 24 hours. Would be great in lunch boxes!
*You can use dairy milk if you like.
**If you want a sugar-free pudding, try swapping the 3 Tbs of honey out for 3/4 tsp stevia powder (6-9 drops liquid) OR you can swap the honey out for about 5 1/2 Tbs Just Like Sugar table top sweetener. Removing the sugar will make this recipe keto-friendly!
***Lilly’s has a dark chocolate bar made with stevia for a sugar-free option. Removing the sugar will make this recipe keto-friendly!