- – about 2 1/2 C cooked chicken, shredded or cubed (about 2 medium chicken breasts or 3 chicken thighs)
- -about 2/3 C celery, chopped
- -about 2/3 C grapes, halved
- -about 1/3 C almonds, slivered or chopped
- -2/3 C homemade mayo
- -1 Tbs raw honey
- -1/4 tsp garlic powder
- -1/4 tsp or more of salt and some black pepper to taste
- -Toast the almonds or use pecans, instead
- -switch the grapes out for some cubed, green apple
- -add a handful of fresh, chopped parsley
- If you do not have leftover, cooked chicken then season some chicken breasts or thighs with salt and pepper on both sides and bake them in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until they are no longer pink at all in the middle.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the celery and the grapes or apple and get all your other ingredients out.
- Place cubed or shredded, cooked chicken in a medium size bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix with a large spoon or spatula until everything is well incorporated. Store any leftovers in the fridge and re-stir before eating because the honey/mayo dressing will kind of fall to the bottom of the bowl.
You can prepare the sausage balls the day before and put them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them. You can even roll them up and freeze them uncooked. If you’re baking frozen sausage balls be sure to about 5 more minutes to your baking time.